Welcome!

TO PAUSE BULLETIN - PLACE MOUSE POINTER OVER THE SCROLLING MESSAGE BOX

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Some thoughts from the Activities Director

Looking forward to 2009
by Bobby P.

February will mark my twentieth year as a BPMS member. Over my decades as a member I have volunteered to serve the club in several capacities, Treasurer, V-P, President, and for the last bunch of years as Secretary, Contest Coordinator, Editor of the Bulletin, Webmaster, and Activities Director. I don’t know if it sounds like a lot, but the jobs all flow into each other and actually become more difficult when they are all broken apart. That aside, there are many wonderful parts of the role I play. I enjoy seeing new members come in, especially when they say they find us through our web presence. I get most pleasure out of seeing activities going strong over the course of the year. Contests, displays, clinics, etc. are fun and educational for every person present. I would like to see 2009 be a banner year. With displays and the numbers built being sharply off in 2008 we are looking into new ways to encourage model building. Ray’s Model Pledge is a great idea that we are streamlining, and will hopefully implement this year. But hey, it’s a model club isn’t it? Build something. Bring it in. Have fun! That’s what the BPMS is all about!

No comments: