Welcome!

TO PAUSE BULLETIN - PLACE MOUSE POINTER OVER THE SCROLLING MESSAGE BOX

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Region 1 Update: April 10th, 2005

Hi and howdy to all Y'all!!

From the above greeting, I guess you can tell I'm getting ready to go to Atlanta!! I'm getting psyched to head on down for the Nationals this year. I hear some good things are going on down there this year, and I know if you miss it, you'll be missing a great show. The vendor room is sold out, and the event hotels are filling fast.

Our own Noreastcon is about a month away, in Rochester. Armand and the guys there are also hard at work on a fine event for us. Please consider sponsoring a trophy package for them. It's a good deal, and really helps a brother chapter.

Two awards I have the honor to present at the banquet are Region 1 Chapter of the Year, and Person of the Year. This year we have two very worthy recipients. I will tell you that Region 1 Chapter of the Year this time around will be IPMS Niagara Frontier, the Buffcon Boys. These guys continually are at the head of the class in terms of service, club activities, and general fellowship. Attributes that shine from year to year. To find out who receives the award for Person of the Year, you'll have to attend the banquet. That award I'll hold close to the vest until I make the formal announcement. I will say however the recipient has demonstrated over a long period of time the qualities that make for an easy selection. We'll also find out where Noreastcon is headed next year. I know everyone wants and answer to that question, and I'll be providing it at the banquet. Be there, or be elsewhere!!!

The spring show season is upon us, and I hope all are successful. I attended the Wing and Wheels annual Valleycon last week, and will report it was a very good event. They used an Open type judging in the figure categories. I've never entered in this type of judging system before and found it to be well thought out and executed. The more traditional model categories were judged in the regular first, second, third manner. The raffle was cool, as was the vendor room. If what I saw in the model room is any indication of the quality we'll be seeing this year, man, we're in for seeing some really nice stuff. Good job folks!!

Not much happening on the National front at this time. The National election is upcoming, and if anyone here in Region 1 is contemplating running for National office, I would suggest getting your petition together with the necessary signatures and get it in to the home office soon. And I'll urge all members to vote when election time is here. Your vote does count, but only if you cast it.
There are some very cool things on the IPMS web site. Webmaster Bob Hester, and his crew of associates are working hard putting new information up for our viewing pleasure. Check it out, if you haven't already.

Which brings us to the end, one more time. Please support our brother chapters events by attending, helping judge, and sponsoring a trophy package for them. They'll appreciate the help, and turn around and support your events in the same fashion. Which can't be a bad thing!! And as always, share this with the officers and members of your chapter.
See everyone in Rochester!!

Semper Fi
Doug Hamilton
RC-1

No comments: