Welcome!

TO PAUSE BULLETIN - PLACE MOUSE POINTER OVER THE SCROLLING MESSAGE BOX

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Region 1 Update 7-12-06

Hi everyone,

A few quick items on todays plate.

First, let's all welcome Glen Martin as the RC-2. Glen has been named to take the post vacated by Tim Hortman down in Region 2. He's from the Richmond VA area, and hopefully, we'll see him a a Region 1 event or two. Welcome Glen!!

I've checked all the e mail addresses listed on the IPMS web site to make sure all your contact information is correct, and lines up with the info I have on file. Let me know right away if any of your chapters contact information changes. I'll pass it along to Dick Montgomery to update your web info. This task was done as a prelude to the new rechartering format that will be introduced this year. All rechartering will be accomplished via e mail for the first time in IPMS history. So it'll be extremely important to ensure the information you send back is accurate. And as a reminder, the rechartering period will run from October to December 31.

I've also been asked to remind everyone about some of the benefits your chapter receives for it's rechartering fee. Listings on the web site and Journal for your event are important tools for spreading the word about your show, as is the insurance certificate you're issued for the facility. Another benefit you get, absolutly free, is acsess to the Frapper Map showing the location of your event. All chapters should be making use of this valuable resource, and did I metion it's free? Not only does it show the location of your event, but there's aloso space to add some contact info. The map can be accessed at: http://www.frappr.com/ipmscontests Check it out, and add your event to it now!!

The Nationals in Kansas City are rapidly approaching. It looks like it'll be another record breaking event, you won't want to miss. If you haven't made your reservations yet, I urge you not to waste any more time. Space is filling in quickly, and ytou won't want to shut out of this excellant event. Next year, the nationals will be held in Oragne County California, near the famed and fabled Disneyland complex. I know it'll be a very good event for families to attend. No word yet on the 08 version, slated to be back on the East Coast. I'll pass along the particulars when I get them. I've heard some rumors about that show, but will wait for the official word before saying more.

I know I promised a new approved event listing with this update, but am at work, and have that info on my home machine. I'll sent it out under seperate cover shortly.

Also, in the last update I mentioned that the ALMS race at Lime Rock was to be held on Monday. Thanks to all the guys that let me know it was actually on Saturday that weekend. I still couldn't make it, but appreciate the efforts to let me know anout the error. Thanks guys!!!!

As I said this will be short, I'll close this maddness. Please share this with the officers and members of your chapter.
Semper Fi
Doug Hamilton
RC-1

No comments: