Welcome!

TO PAUSE BULLETIN - PLACE MOUSE POINTER OVER THE SCROLLING MESSAGE BOX

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Region 1 Update 12-10-8

Hi everyone,

Here we are in December, getting closer to the holidays and the end of the year. There are only a few weeks left to complete the rechartering issues a few chapters are having. Mostly it's only the need to get the payment into Dick. A few have membership issues that should be easily resolved, but the main point is time is running out quickly. To those that have already completed the process, I say Thanks!! And to the rest, time to get on the stick!! Let me know if I can help.

I received the attached document from DLC Dick, and your chapter may find it interesting. While I'm no techie, and don't really understand what it's about, I do understand your chapter can save a bundle of money if you want to participate in the offer. The offer is only available to IPMS chapters, and is being made by IPMS member Chris Mobley. Please share this with your chapters web master and e board, and contact Chris if you're interested.
I found out today that Revel is getting out of the production of NASCAR models. Only the current stock will be available, and everything will be gone sometime in February. They had been planning to produce a CoT model, but found the licensing fees from NASCAR to be ridiculously high, and the number of units sold to turn a profit would have been enormous. If I were a NASCAR type modelin' kind of guy, I'd consider laying in a supply to cover any urges I may have in the future to build that sort of model, after they're gone you understand. But that's just saying what I might do under those circumstances. Of course your mileage may vary.
I'll be out of town between Christmas and New Years. I'll have limited e mail access, and no access to any of my files while gone. We're going to Vegas to see our children and grandson, and help stimulate the local economy. Our son is getting back to the kitchen, and wants to work up his chops before starting the new job, and we've graciously agreed to play crash test dummies in his culinary warm ups. Hey, it's going to be a tough trip, but I think I'll get through it!! In the meantime, please pass along my best wishes to you, your chapter mates, and families for a very merry Christmas, and a happy and joyous New Year. May the next one be better than the current one!!

Semper Fi
Doug Hamilton
RC-1

No comments: