Welcome!

TO PAUSE BULLETIN - PLACE MOUSE POINTER OVER THE SCROLLING MESSAGE BOX

Friday, December 23, 2005

Region 1 Update, 12/23/2005

Holiday Greetings one and all,

This will be the final update and Year End, Rear End Review for the year 2005, except if any news coming in between now and then.

To start, I hope everyone has sent in your charter renewals by this time. Time is dwindling to get this accomplished, and if you need help, let me know ASAP. Remember, chapters that have not renewed on time WILL be dropped from the insurance, so to ensure smooth, uninterrupted coverage, act now. Operators are standing by!!

Attached is the list of approved events for the coming year. If your chapters event isn't listed, and it's been approved, please contact me and I'll correct it right away. If your chapters event isn't on it, and it hasn't been approved yet, what are you waiting for? In my last update, I mentioned the fact that we see a good number of events really close together. If you'll note the current list, you'll see no less than six events planned for the month of April. This is the reason I've asked every chapter to look at their dates and try to spread things out. Six events in a month isn't cool, with the remainder of the year being quite sparse in terms of events. I know there are still events that need to be approved for the fall, and expect the usual suspects to come forward. But the bottom line is all six April events will suffer due to the tightness of the scheduling. I'll go on record as saying there will not be six events in the month of April for 07. I will not approve that many again. So I say to all chapters, do what you must to get these dates spread out somewhat. And please, don't leave it to me to mandate changes, lets all work together to get this situation sorted out with a high quality event schedule set for 07. Every chapter will benefit!!

As mentioned in an earlier Update, there will be a number of Constitutional amendments on tap in the coming year. Some are general housekeeping measure, while others may effect the way IPMS is operated. Look for a complete list after the first of the year, then vote on them during the time allotted. The future of our Society will be governed by how these are voted on. Check the web site for more information.

On a personal note, I'll be undergoing surgery on my right wrist for Carpal Tunnel on 16 January. The doctor has told me there will be a 3-4 week recovery period, and after that, I should be as good as new. Working a keyboard will be effected, so if you find you need the services of the RC, please call me, rather than send an e mail. 203 323 6442 I hope to get rehabbed and back on track as soon as possible. Then I can start thinking about having my left wrist done as well. It really sucks trying to build, and dropping tools and such on a regular basis.

Plus my hands falling asleep doesn't help!!

That about brings us to the end of this update. I hope of you and your families have a great Christmas and Holiday season, and you find good amounts of plastic, resin and brass in your stockings. Until next time, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!
and as always, please share this with the officers and members of your chapter.

Semper Fi
Doug

No comments: