Welcome!

TO PAUSE BULLETIN - PLACE MOUSE POINTER OVER THE SCROLLING MESSAGE BOX

Monday, January 16, 2006

Region One Update, January 15, 2006

Greetings,

I hope everyone survived the New Year and holidays fairly intact!! Now back to our regularly scheduled programming!!

The latest IPMS news is the welcoming of John Vanek as the new Region 6 Coordinator, Welcome John!! (He gets this too!!!) John is replacing Dick Montgomery, who is moving into the DLC seat on 1 Feb. There is some other stuff on the horizon that I'm sure will excite you, or at least pique your interest a little, and I'll be passing along more as it becomes official.

Rechartering is nearly complete for Region 1. There are a few chapters that are still in the process of rechartering. (And you know who you are darlings!!!) We should be 100% shortly. Thanks to all the chapters that got their material back on time this year. It's greatly appreciated.

I'm scheduled for surgery on my right wrist tomorrow, and please hold the jokes. I've heard them all, and started a few new ones in the process!! I should be out of action for only a few days, and will let everyone know when I'm back. The hardest part of getting cut will be the recovery time I'll have to be away from my bench. I have some pretty cool stuff working but will obey the doctors instructions regarding therapy and getting back to work. My wife said she'll be keeping her eye on me to make sure I don't sneak into the shop. I wonder why she had to say that?

I'll end this by saying that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. And as always, please share this with the officers and members of your chapter.

Semper Fi
Doug

No comments: