Welcome!

TO PAUSE BULLETIN - PLACE MOUSE POINTER OVER THE SCROLLING MESSAGE BOX

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Region 1 Update 7-17-08

Hello everyone,

A few things to pass along this time.
First off, we received this from MSGT Brian Allen, who's been running the Baghdad Hobby Shop. Brian is rotating back to the "World", and will be leaving things in the capable hands of Steve DeLong. Steve's address is below.

All,

It's semi-official, folks, I will be leaving theater to return stateside this Saturday. I have been diagnosed with moderate to severe degenerative joint disease (arthritits), avlusion fractures and will possibly need surgery to repair injuries to my hip and pelvis. It is not clear if I will return once rehabilitation is complete but I most certainly will try. Oh, whoa is the life of a Paratrooper.

SFC Delong has been with me since taking over the hobby club here in Baghdad and will continue to serve as POC. You can address any correspondence or donations to him at: steven.delong@iraq.centcom.mil
or mail at:

SFC Steven Delong
HQ, MNC-I (FSC)
18th Airborne Corps
APO, AE 09342


If you have already sent donations under my name they will continue to arrive safely and the mail room has been briefed to forward any packages to SFC Delong.

We have been fortunate here in B-dad as new, highly motivated members have come onboard and will also be available to help SFC Delong with club donations and shipping to our numerous contacts. I personally want to thank all of our contributors for your kind support and donations that you have sent during my short tenure. This is the first time I have seen such support from back home in my 20 year career and makes me truly proud to serve the American people. Thank you ever so much!

MSG Brian Allen


The IPMS Nationals are rapidly approaching in a little over two weeks. To tie the Nationals and the previous Baghdad Hobby Shop item together, our hosts, IPMS Tidewater will have a collection point at the show so attendees can purchase something in the vendor room and donate it to our troops. What a cool idea, and I for one will be adding something to the stash pile. Show details are being added on almost a daily basis to the event web site. The latest being a floor plan, and updated info on the BBQ scheduled for Thursday night at the Fighter Factory. This will be a really cool event, as the menu contains all my Southern favorites, and we'll be gazing on all sorts of antique aircraft. How cool is that?

Right after the Nationals, I'll send around an updated Event List for the fall show season. There will be some notable changes to the schedule this fall, as a few long time events won't be on it, and a few returning events have new dates. With the fall schedule opening up a little, it may be time to look at our crammed spring schedule and see if one or two events could move into the fall season. As you all know, I've been trying to get some separation into the spring season, and while it's worked a little, it seems those chapters that have moved to avoid conflict have moved to the same weekends as the chapters they're trying to avoid. I'll continue to work with all our chapters to try and work out a schedule where everyone is free of conflict with another chapter. It's an ongoing process, to be sure!!

I don't think I'll be hosting the popular Mini-Meetings this fall. My fall is shaping up to be busy with a ton of things, and I'm not sure which shows I'll be at this fall. So rather than schedule them, then maybe have to cancel them later, we'll wait till next year.

And that brings us to another end. I hope all your summers are going well, and I'll be looking forward to seeing everyone in Virginia Beach in a few weeks!! And as always, please share this with the officers and members of your chapter. Model on!!

Semper Fi
Doug Hamilton
RC-1

No comments: